Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet VisionSet is offline

Default Ultrasonic cleaners

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
visionset wrote:

Are they worth having?

I'm speaking of ones like:
http://planet.farnell.com/email/cpc/WebOffers/ultclenr.htm

I've used them in the labs I used to work in, and those (300quid at the
time) work magnificently.

Perhaps the £17.99 one I mentioned won't be quite so magnificent.

Couldn't say. Perhaps it is the case that volume production for a domestic
market coupled with improved production efficiencies have made them cheaper.
Certainly the ones I used will have had higher quality casings but the
untrasonic element may very well be just as effective. Alternatively it may
be about as much use as wrapping tissue around a comb and blowing at it.
Not helping much am I?

--
Mike W