Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet VisionSet is offline

Default Ultrasonic cleaners

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
Are they worth having?

I'm speaking of ones like:
http://planet.farnell.com/email/cpc/WebOffers/ultclenr.htm

The fact that it loks like a toilet is obviously a bonus. It would be
almost worth it to have dentures just to be able to put them in a
cleaner that looks like a toilet.

Can ultrasonic cleaning damage things? I can see that dunking Grandpa's
1959 Omega Constellation in there is probably not the right way to go.

I've used them in the labs I used to work in, and those (300quid at the
time) work magnificently.
Mainly used at work to assist the dissolution of things that were reluctant
to dissolve.
But took in loads of car bits etc for cleaning. Greatly assisted by getting
the right solvent for the thing you are cleaning.

--
Mike W