Colin Blackburn

Default FM Aerial installation Q's

In article , says...

The problem is to achieve reflectionless splitting. In real terms this
can only be done with matched resistive pads on each end of every
cable,. This is totally impractical - who is goindg to put 75ohm
terminators in every socket in the hose that is not in use?

Er, that bit is easy. I only use one socket at a time and all the
sockets are accessible. All I need to do is terminate every socket and
then switch the cable to the TV for the terminator for the room I am
using.

AND that
results in losses, degrading the signal anyway.

Distrubution amplifiers isolate each cable from all the others, That's
what they are there for. Use them.

I have said elsewhere why I am not minded to use this route if at all
possible. It is more impracticable for me than having a terminator in
the unused sockets.

Colin