tony sayer

Default FM Aerial installation Q's

In article MPG.19d50d857f2bba12989c9d@localhost, Colin Blackburn
writes
In article ,
says...

I was thinking that you could use something like a Labgear CM7274 or
an Antiference UX4. These are masthead amplifiers with 4 outputs
which can go directly to your sockets and can be powered over the
co-ax with 12v DC. Normally they are powered from a distribution
amplifier run from the mains or a separate 12v power supply like the
Labgear PSM112 - these need 3W from the mains.

If you were going to run from a battery, you need a passive device
that sits in one of the co-ax cables and allows you to inject 12v DC -
basically the same as one of the power supply units but without the
mains, rectification, smoothing and regulating pieces. I would
suggest calling Labgear and Antiference and asking if they make
anything like that. Another useful place is Teldis, who distribute
all kinds of TV, satellite and FM distribution equipment. I found
them to be pretty knowledgable on what is on the market..

Thanks for the names and ideas (everyone else too.) I think I will
initially wire in a splitter---I get a strong signal, hell I can see
Pontock Pike from the bedroom window with a pair of binoculars---then
look at masthead amplifiers and possibly DAs with fancy wiring!

Cheers,

Colin

If you can see the Pike from your window then don't bother with an amp a
splitter will do with those sort of levels around. Don't bother with a
masthead type amp as it will overload and cause more grief than what its
worth!..
--
Tony Sayer