Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default UK safety issue

N Cook wrote:
Sherwin wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:28:24 +0100, N Cook wrote:

I've a Peavey 5150 , 2003 USA made, for repair.
This is an export model for 240V/220V areas, no 110V option.
The mains lead has a German? integral plug( 2 round pins and a removed

earth
pin but an exposed earthing point) on the lead with a German? socket to

UK
plug adaptor.

I would never use serious equipment through one of these mickey mouse
adaptors. I'd either change the plug, or use a proper trailing socket and
plug. Quite apart from any safety issues there's reliability to consider.

Paul

Micky Mouse is right - flimsy plastic adaptor case that allows the German
plug to move all over the place,X,Y and Z, hence no earth continuity.

It`s not one of those cheap International travel adaptors from the pound
shop is it?

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio