Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Big Door To Second Floor - How?

On 23 Apr 2007 18:00:07 -0700, "
wrote:

Please let me know when you do this, so I can film it. I want to send
it in to Funniest Home Videos.

My thoughts we 1) get long 2 x 12s and ease the door up them on an
angle using ropes,

If you do this, attach some rungs between the 2x212s to keep them a
fixed distance, and triangulate part of it so it doesn't all fold upp.

Other people have tried things liek this that make it FHV, so be sure
to let me know when you are doing it. I hear they pay for some of the
videos they show.

Have a couple people review your plans once they have developed. Tell
them to bring their cameras too.

2) make a set of satirs to walk it up (perhaps
ridiculously labor intensive) 3) get really strong giants to carry it
up

Does anyone have any better ideas?