Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Natural Gas Grill

Joe B. wrote:
wrote in news:1177450978.436847.276390
@r3g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

I just bought a home with a natural gas line that extends to the deck
for use with a natural gas grill. I am pricing out grills, etc., but
want to know how tricky is the process of connecting the grill to the
line. I don' thave to add any piping to get to the point where the
grill would go; I just need to hook up the grill to the line. Has
anyone done this who can give me some advice?

Went through the same situation a few years back, only I ran the natural
gas line. We purchased a Weber (natural) gas grill. It came with the
flexible rubber gas hose with quick disconnect on the end of it,they also
supply the mating end of the quick disconnect that will attach to your
gas supply line. I also put a gas valve before the quick disconnect in
case I need to replace or repair that fitting. Just a quick comment: I
love not having to purchase or refill the 20 lb. propane tanks, also no
worrys if you will run out of gas during the cookout.
Good luck shopping
Joe B.

Did the same thing, only we put gas port
in the screened porch and another
one outside. In the winter, we use the
grill all the time .... and being a Weber,
it rarely flares up and even when it
does, it contains it real well. During the
warm weather, the grill goes outside the
porch.