Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Sanding a Gyprock Ceiling

"The Streets" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I'm installing a new gyprock ceiling that I'm in the process of
sanding down. I plan to paint it white when it's ready, but first to
sand it down. My arms are about to fall off. What's the best way to
sand this ceiling with the least amount of effort? How about a
portable sander? What about one of those long pole sanders that look
like a "swiffer"...with sandpaper on the end. I'm willing to spend $
on this now and save my arms. I just want to make sure that the
solution does a good job as well.

Thanks

I like the long-handled Swiffer-style. If you're doing a lot of
sanding, maybe you're puting on too much compound.

I'm with him. Having learned how to do it the hard hard way it really
doesn't take that much joint compound. As for the pole sanders - they work
very well, but be prepared to wear a good tight fitting mask and also be
prepared to vacuum and dust every crevice and crack of your room afterwards.
That stuff gets EVERYWHERE!