Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Shed Wiring

"Afubar via HomeKB.com" u33477@uwe wrote in message
news:7131b065f885f@uwe...
I hope this works, here are links to pictures of the original well topper
with the service pole in the background, the breaker box (grey wire is the
one running to the well house.pump), and the as yet unfinished 8 x 12 new
green house shed that I am building.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...erwithpole.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Breakerbox.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Afubar/wire.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...unfinished.jpg

--
Kaye in Oregon

Hi Kaye. I looked at your pictures. It looks as though the small wires for
your pump come off of that 100 amp two pole circuit breaker. I guess you
already know that is not good. I assume that breaker is for the sub-panel
in the house. I am not familiar with your main electrical panel so I can't
give you precise information. My concern is that there aren't any spaces
for another two pole circuit breaker for the line that you are planning to
run to the pump house. It looks like there is a big circuit breaker in the
middle, but I am not sure if that is the main or if it is even being used.
Maybe that can be removed and additional circuit breakers can be added in
its place. The red handled circuit breaker looks like it is not being used,
but from the angle of the photo I cannot see if there is room for a two pole
breaker on that side.

Any chance you can get a local electrician to have a look and get his
opinion?