Posted to alt.home.repair
Suzie-Q Suzie-Q is offline

Default About the new energy-saving light bulbs

In article ,
mm wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:14:59 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

About those new energy-saving light bulbs -- I think some are called
compact florescent?

Anyway, say I have a desk lamp with a small label that says that I
shouldn't use more than a 60-watt bulb. A new "60-watt" florescent
bulb uses only 13 watts of energy and doesn't get as hot as a
60-watt incandescent light bulb. A 100-watt florescent
would only use, say, 24 watts of energy (I don't know the exact
amount). So could I use a 100-watt florescent bulb in the desk lamp
that's rated for no higher than a 60-watt bulb?

Yes, because it's not a 100-watt bulb. It's a 24-watt bulb.

Thanks in advance,

I was hoping it was that simple!

--

8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)