Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default NEC Rules on Grounding Electrode Conductor(s)

Your grounding electrode conductors go the main disconnect, not to the sub
panel

"Wayne Whitney" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm replacing my exterior main panel with an exterior main disconnect
serving an interior subpanel, so I have a couple questions on
grounding at a residential electrical service entrance.

First, is it OK to run Grounding Electrode Conductor(s) inside the
same 2" PVC conduit as the #1/0 Al SER cable feeding my subpanel? Or
do they need to be separated? I have one conductor from a Ufer
ground, and another conductor going to the copper water service and a
ground rod.

Second, I understand the telephone and cable services need to be
grounded. They presently have individual little ground rods, so I
assume it would be better to interconnect them with the electrical
service grounding system. Is it better to do this inside the
electrical service entrance (at the ground/neutral bar), or outside it
(at the closest Grounding Electrode Conductor)?

Thanks,
Wayne