Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] pat@patwarner.com is offline

Default Best way to cut 1 in. MDF ?

The templets can be made from router and subbase like the one at the
link: http://patwarner.com/621_offset.html
Once the templet is clamped and indexed to the work you can trim to
templet wth bearing guided trimmers or collars & straight bits.
Wasting 1" MDF can make the mess of the century on the router table or
shaper.
I'd clamp the work to the bench, fashion a bottom cover (with a hole
in it for a vacuum connector) and clamp it to the underside of the
panel. With the vac. running you stand a good chance of avoiding lung
cancer. Without it, you will have dust, even in the attic, weeks
later.
PW

On Apr 23, 3:32 pm, woodman"
wrote:
I need to cut many 3 in. and 6 in. holes in 1 inch MDF. I figure on
using a template and cutting on a shaper or router table ( my shaper
goes to 10K rpm) I am not sure what type of bit to use.
It would have to be bearing guided. Any input would be welcome
Thanks
Woodman