The Natural Philosopher

Default OT: Speed cameras

Simon Gardner wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Arguably motortcyclists are amomngst the bets drivers there
are - they have to be. The death rate is still higher tho.

... still missing the point.

Personally, I would willingly trade the additional paranoia of not
having a belt, ffor self induced paranoia, and the knowledge that if te
worst DOES come to the worst, I personally meay be able to walk shakily
away from a twisted lump of metal.

That's right. You personally may be able to. At the same time every other
bugger is thereby placed at greater risk from you. You increase the
likelihood of the "twisted lump of metal" occuring.

That's the point.

You wish to minimise risk to yourself. I wish to minimise risk to other
road users. We have different objectives and each adopt the strategy best
suited to our respective objectives.

Not very Dawrinina of you, but even if its true - and staitistics only
show co-incidence, not necessarily correlation and certainly not
necessarily causality - then isn';t it time the pedestrians had seat
belts of their own?

:-0)