Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default Unfused connection

Joe wrote:
On Apr 23, 11:10 pm, Boden wrote:

Is it required that I run rigid conduit inside a building from the meter
base to the entrance panel? The run from the meter to the entrance
panel will be at least 20 feet. Locating this outside the building
would be very difficult.

Thanks,
Boden

Better check your local building codes. In our locale the maximum
allowed distance from meter to service panel is 5' and it must be in
conduit. In any event, the building inspector people can be very
helpful with good ways to do things that meet code requirements. Good
luck.

Joe

Very rural area, no codes, no inspections and the power company seems
disinterested. All they want is a meter box to connect to.

What I want is to apply best practices, so I think I will go with rigid
conduit since abuse is unlikely and I don't want to deal with concrete.

Thanks all.