Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water in basement (still)

"Arkadiy" wrote in message

1) Am I doing right things or something else needs to be done at this
point?

At some point, you really must get a sump pump and do the job right.
Temporarily, you should be OK wiht what you are doing. Shop Vac will get
more water up when the utility pump no longer can.

2) At what point should I start to worry about mold? Other damage?
-- my basement has been exposed to wather for a week now and will be
exposed to it for a few more days, maybe a week...

Mold spores can come in at any time. You my want to ventilate well and use
a dilute bleach solution on the walls and floor to kill any mold that is
accumulating.