Paul

Default 5 hp 3 phase motor to a 3/4 hp single phase..?

Well I gave up on finding a cheap 3 phase motor today and bought a new one.
I paid $172 out the door with a 2 year warranty (5 hp). Its a Chinese model
but hey
they company I bought it from said it was good and all the mining companies
around
here use them all the time. So I guess I will find out! At some point
during today I
ran out of "I am willing to drive around forever to find...cheap." Anyhow
line I've got to connect this to a pony 3/4 horse single phase motor that I
have...
to use as a starter. Any ideas? The 5 hp motor has a 1 1/8" spindle and the
other
has a 5/8" spindle. I think I might try to make a sleeve to attach them end
to end.
Other than that pulleys perhaps? But that might take up a bunch of room.
Anyhow that's where I'm at.

Reno, Paul