Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Home repair and basketball

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:44:09 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

mm writes:

The head coach of the Tennessee Lady Vols was on Letterman tonight,
and she said that when she was growing up, she had three brothers and
they had a full court gym in the hay loft. Wouldn't that be very
expensive and beyond the reach of all but the wealthy?

That's nothing. When I was a kid, we had a 2.5 mile Indianapolis 500
racetrack in our basement. We ran our pedal cars on it. At least that's
the way *I remember* it.

Oh, maybe youre right and she was being funny. She was totally
deadpan and I'm often a sucker for that. \

She said that was how she got started on basketball, and I would have
thought she would just say a driveway and a hoop.