Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure washer: experienced users input please

Joe B. wrote:
Hi,
I have a Craftsman pressure washer, gas powered, 2500 psi and 2.0 gpm. It
is new and unused at this point. I purchased it at a closeout price a
couple months ago, so it is a good value for me. This week Sears has a gas
powered 3100 psi and 2.8 gpm pressure washer on sale for about $50 more
than I paid for the smaller washer. I am considering returning my smaller
machine and purchasing the bigger washer. My question is: will I actually
notice the increase in pressure and flow in the bigger machine? The reason
I am considering the larger machine is because I want to be able to wash
the second story of our vinyl sided house. I have searched this subject
quite a bit, but not found a real comparitive answer. Also I do NOT have
the budget for a high powered, high dollar, "industrial" washer, so that
idea is out. I was hoping some one might have used one or both these
washers (don't care about brand) and could offer some comparison.
Thanks for any and all input,
Joe B.

Pressure washer manufacturers multiply the PSI X GPM and come up with a
number they call "CLEANING UNITS"

Your first unit would be rated at 5,000 units .. .. the second 8,680 ..
... for the small difference in price, I would go with the bigger unit.

You can always throttle it down if you don't need full pressure .. ..