Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Staining Maple Cabinets

storiesr via HomeKB.com wrote:
After way too many samplings we did like you said and embraced the beauty of
the maple all on its own. They look gorgeous. And it was much simpler too!!!

Thank you all for your input.
Since I have not yet added the hardware I do have a thought in the back of my
mind....which can be trouble.....
If the hardware makes the cabinets appear too new or sterile I thought I
might see what a little aging glaze would look like. Any thoughts??

Glaze doesn't wear - you would need to put additional coats of clear
finish. If they look gorgeous, don't mess with them. We got new doors
and drawers in our kitchen - light maple finish - and used the 35 y/o
hardware from the old doors/drawers. They are plain brushed nickel
finish, simple shape, and look nice. Plain, but that is how I like them.