Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default cordless impact wrench question

"jacko" wrote in
:

I tried these 12V cigarette lighter plug in impact wrenches and found
them to be quite useless. They are lighter to handle than the 110V,
but don't have near the power.

Of course,the specs tell you that;the 120VAC driver draws 7 Amps,for about
800watts,while the 12V driver will not draw more than ~15A for 180

watts,and also has far fewer beats per minute.

the big question is.. will they do the job the original poster wanted?

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
"J.Lef" wrote in

Snap-On has a new cordless impact that has some ummph but you will
pay for it..

What are you going to use it for?

Thanks for the two replies so far.
The problem is, that I just got out of the military after being
in for
nine years, and serverly injured my back during my second stint in
Iraq, a week before I was due to rotate back to the states.
Basically, I am just looking for something to make it easier
for me
in case I need to change a flat tire on my vehicles, and to use for
when I want to rotate tires on my vehicles, as well as for some
household use, or occassionally if I need it to work on a motor.
(Light stuff only).
I have to adapt to my present capabilities and need to
prepare for
how to best handle a situation.
I will only use the wrench to take off the lugs, and use a
manual
torque wrench to properly put on the lugz.

Much regards

Harbor Freight has a 1/2" drive 12V impact driver that plugs into the
cigarette lighter outlet,240 ft-lbs,but a low striking rate. Sells
for around $20 USD.It's intended for wheel lug nuts.
Then you don't have the battery problems of seldom-used cordless
tools.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik