Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Old Septic Tank Caved in

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message
Also, read this http://www.septicprotector.com/deathpools.htm

Ignorance is not an excuse so it would be wise to remedy the bad
situation.

This septic is a solid concrete vault type, less than 30 years old. I'm
not about to go digging up a non-problem.

Evidently, many others thought it was a non-problem also. Does this mean
you'll just leave it for the next owner to discover it with disastrous
results? Or your grandkids? If it is a violation of you local does, you
can even get sued by the next owner even if nothing happens.

I appreciate what you're saying, Ed. I don't really see any difference
weather the thing is in use or not, it's there.
The thing would be just as prone to cave in if it were in use right? Does
the fact that it's not in use
make it not safer than inuse? So what's the difference? Like I said, it's
not a problem for me. I'm not
getting out the backhoe to go digging for problems. Yes, I will leave it
for the next owner, as it was left by a previous
owner for me. I will inform the next owner about it, not hiding nothing.
The previous owners did not bother to tell me about it......