Posted to alt.home.repair
longshot longshot is offline

Default Stupid question? (carpentry)

in short pieces its relatively easy. with 16 footers its a mutha by yourself
or even with a helper like a wife who doesn't even own her hammer

"al" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is installing tongue and groove boards a job for a novice?

I'm considering installing 6" t&g cedar boards on the ceiling of a
porch and carport myself. On a scale of 1-10, with "1" being
virtually no experience or knowledge of carpentry skills, I would be a
"1". Or maybe a "0". On the plus side, I'm fairly methodical on
things I undertake and am well coordinated working with my hands.

If this could be practical for a novice to attempt to undertake, are
there any tips or suggestions that any of you would care to offer?

Thanks in advance for any input.