Posted to alt.home.repair

Default compare natural gas generators

We're drifting off topic, but still on generators.

Please tell me about the 1200 watt unit. Is it a ETQ? I got one
of those from Ebay. The once I used it "for real" was a friend's
very old furnace, when he didn't pay the bill and the power was
off. It needed ether to start, but powered the furnace nicely.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in
message .. .
:
: McMansions often are not habitable without electricity. My
house is 35
: years old, but was built by a pioneer family familiar with 19th
century
: technology. With wood heat and a good selection of candle
sconces and
: oil lamps, we don't even bother to start the generator until
the second
: day of the power outage, and most of the time just use a small
1200 watt
: unit that will power the freezer and refrigerator. We fire up
the large
: generator a couple hours a day for showers - the water heater
is
: electric, and so is the well pump. The rest of the time, 1200
watts is
: plenty, and doesn't make so much noise. I have a propane camp
stove
: for cooking, but it has never been used. We just cook on the
wood stove
: during outages, and eat stews, pot roast, etc.
:
: --
: For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
: with my first name and last initial.