JD3495 JD3495 is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by William R. Walsh
Hi!

Do I cut off just the plug and wire it with the 2 wires in the cord?

That is what I would do--if the wire will be exposed, it will look much
nicer than replacing the whole thing with the same kind of wiring as you'd
use to install an outlet or run through walls. Some commercially made lamps
with exposed cords are made this way, with conventional lamp cord coming
down from the junction box in the ceiling.

There's no fire hazard to come from this as long as the lamp's wiring is in
good condition (no frays, thin spots or missing insulation) and capable of
handing the load you intend to put on it. There are no safety hazards
either...again, as long as the wiring is in good shape and you're using it
within the design limits of the lamp, there will be no problem.

If you aren't sure about how to go about hooking up the wire inside the
junction box, contact a qualified electrician to do the work for you. If you
do decide to do this yourself (and you certainly can, if you don't mind
learning a little before you start) just make sure the power is off before
you actually start doing any work on the wiring.

William

Thank you for responding