Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Acer CRT screen display just got permanently narrower

On Apr 22, 3:15 am, Heinz Schmitz wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
Some of us who repair monitors to help keep them out of landfills for
a little longer really do not like to be called "freaks".

Dear Bob, please allow me aboard the little boat with the rest of this
nearly extinguished species of CRT-monitor-repair-freaks. I call
myself such a freak, too. We here in Krautland call somebody a freak
who does, other than the dumb public, devote a special interest to
something and develops a special ability in that area.

Regards,
H.

Here in the USA, the word has a more sinister connotation, such as the
Virginia killer from last week.

Bob Hofmann