Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Esmond Pitt Esmond Pitt is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio 9kHz AM spacing?

Arfa Daily wrote:

you 'had a go' at the couple of people who were just having a bit
of fun with you ... Homer and Meat are two long term and valid contributors to this
group, and if you come here regularly, you would know that and accept that
their comments were just throw-away humour ...

Given what came subsequently, that clearly isn't an adequate description.

Although I service Bose gear for a local dealer, and don't
have any real problem with it, if you knew anything about the service
business, you would also know that their equipment comes in for a lot of
fun-poking.

I do know that, and I do it myself in other places. I just don't regard
it as relevant in this case. When I ask a repair question in group
called sci.electronics.repair I think I'm entitled to object to answers
that aren't about repair. Responses that make assumptions that it's a
repair-or-replace decision, or that the unit is mine, or state that some
imagined personal attribute of mine implies that I am wrong, are merely
illogical. This is a 'sci' group - doesn't that mean science?