Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Wood Floor In Bedroom

"Joey" wrote in
:

I bought it from Home Depot but it is under the "hardwood" kind and
not the laminate kind, if that makes a difference. Its pretty thick,
I think 5/8. Some of the laminate kind is very thing. Thanks to
everyone for all the great advice.

Since you're putting 5/8" solid wood on concrete, consider glueing it
down. It's lots less work, and you won't need the underlayment. Of course,
read the instructions -- they might say otherwise. The manufacturer spends
wheelbarrowloads of money on testing, so they usually know what they're
talking about. You also don't want to void your warranty.

By the way, this isn't going in a basement, is it? Solid wood doesn't work
well below ground.