Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default "Best" garage door opener?

Thanks Art. What a radically different approach! I never realized that such
a device exists. I watched the installation video on their website and it
seems within the realm of a good DIY person. I wonder what they charge to
put one of these units in? I imagine it is quite expensive but who knows.
The low noise is a nice plus...

Smarty

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Wayne Dalton interesting unit. My parent's has had one on a Wayne Dalton
double door for 3.5 years with no problems. They also make a unit for non
Wayne Dalton doors:

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/idrive_TorqueMaster.asp

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/idrive_Torsion.asp

I am thinking of replacing my 3 openers with these units.

"Smarty" wrote in message
I have owned both chain drive and screw drive openers, most recently a
Genie screw-drive unit I installed about 18 years ago. As I am now looking
for a replacement, I would much appreciate any thoughts about what is a
really durable and low maintenance replacement.

I see screw, belt, and chain drives being sold, and there may be other
methods used now as well. Is any one approach vastly superior, and is any
specific brand really exceptional?

Thanks in advance.

Smarty