tony sayer

Default FM Aerial installation Q's

In article MPG.19d4e052a4d7bd5989c95@localhost, Colin Blackburn
writes
In article , says...

Yes what you state with long stubs will be problematical. Use a
distribution amp a good one can be had for about 20 quid and then look
forward to many years of use with good clean signals. A splitter will
work but it divides the available signal....

As I live off the grid I was checking the possibility of solutions not
requiring power. Not specifically because of the power but more the
convenience of not having, say, to turn on a DA in one room to watch the
TV in another---my assumption is that for most people the DA is hidden
away and permanently on, not something I can have easily.

I guess at the same time I wire in the aerial cables I could wire in a
switch in each room with an aerial point so that the DA can be turned on
from anywhere---this could get complicated!

Colin

Well if you have strong signals then perhaps you can getaway with just
passive splitting. Only real answer is to try it and see.
--
Tony Sayer