Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Mildew smell in bathroom

Thanks for the tips, I've gone down the route of squirting bleach into the
holes for now and it seems to smell a lot better.

John

"Mike P" mike@askme wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 19:44:25 GMT, "John" wrote:

.. Recently I have noticed a mildew/damp type smell in the bathroom and
think I
.. have finally narrowd it down to the bath overflow. I can't see any
leaks
.. under the bath and the plug hole itself smells fine even though the
overflow
.. is connected directly to the U bend that the plug drains into. Anyone
got
.. any advice about what might be causing it and how to get rid of the
smell
.. please?
..
.. Cheers
..
.. John
..
I washed the shower curtain and it cured the smell :-) It was the base
of the curtain causing the problem.
If it is your overflow, then place some thick bleach down it.

Mike P