Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Pre-fab house extension kits?

"Dougal" wrote in message
Hi,

My elderly relatives need a single-story extension (say 12-30 m2

tbd) to
their small 2-storey semi. This would be for a new bathroom and

extended
lounge. Roughly speaking, all that is needed is a rectangular

habitable box
'bolted' on to the back of the house, with access via existing patio

doors
(to be removed).

Maybe I've seen too many 'Grand Designs', but I was wondering if

there are
viable pre-fabricated kit alternatives to the usual messy and

time-consuming
traditional bricks, mortar , plaster concrete etc extensions.

Something made
up off-site for very quick assembly is what we'd want. Doesn't much

matter
what materials it is so lomg as it works, is cheapish and meets

regs.Where
can I get more information to pursue (or kill off!) this idea?

I know there will be sundry planning / building control issues to

look at as
well.

Cheers,
Doog

Well Portacabin style buildings in all sorts of configuarations are
available and relatively cheap s/h

AWEM