Posted to alt.home.repair
Seth Goodman Seth Goodman is offline

Default "Best" garage door opener?

In article , on Sun, 22
Apr 2007 07:42:08 -0400, Smarty wrote:

Thanks very much. I went to the Overhead Door web site at:
http://www.overheaddoor.com/Product.aspx?pid=49
and it appears they use their own private label brand openers, and that the
belt drive model is called "The Phantom". I will check it out and see how
much they charge to install their opener. I also see that they (as well as
Genie) now sell 3 different types, belt, chain, and screw. Must be that
there is demand and need for all 3......

Overhead Door owns Genie. Looking at the two web sites, the Genie Pro
Stealth appears to be the same opener as the Overhead Door Phantom.

http://www.geniecompany.com/geniecom...r.aspx?cid=305

In all probability, Genie remotes would also operate Overhead Door
openers. The remotes certainly *look* identical.

--
Seth Goodman