Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Conversation topic, tool traits you really hate

"DanG" wrote in message
I cannot blame the tools. I am the operator, I am the root cause of the
problems. Age and experience do tend to reduce some life's tool
frustrations.

If I had a nickel for every time I've picked up the end of the extension
cord to change tools and thrown down the extension cord and held the tool
cord I'm finished with . . .

Oh man I know exactly what you mean there.

Sometimes it can turn into a comic affairs where I drop the extension cord,
so then I drop the new cord and plug the old tool into the extension cord.
Realize my mistake, drop the extension cord, drop the new tool's cord, pick
up the extension .....

Eigenvector wrote:
This isn't a question, more of a starter.

What traits do you find most annoying in your tools?

For me, its ladder walking, that tendency for step ladders to march
across the ground because one leg is sligthly up in the air, so the
ladder flexes putting the other leg in the air. Before you know it
the ladder is marching all over the place with you trying to get off
it without tipping it over.
The other one - getting the metal tang of the tape measure stuck
between boards you're measuring. It seems to happen to me about
every time I have the tang high overhead and I end up using a claw
hammer to extract the tang - probably breaking it the next time it
happens and I need it
most. I'm just waiting for it to bend, kink, fall off or any number
of things that will cause all my measurements to be off by about 1/4"
- rendering it useless.

I could go on and on about crescent wrench creep

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .