Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default hp slider switch replacement or recyclers

dansawyeror hath wroth:

One of the 3 contact slider switches on an HP 8505A is broken. Does
anyone know of a 'junk yard' or recyclers for old parts?

Which switch? I see several on the front panel:
http://www.teknetelectronics.com/Search.asp?p_ID=1418&pDo=DETAIL

As I vaguely recall, there is no switch assembly. The contacts are
gold plated traces and large pads on the circuit board. The plastic
slider has one or more spring loaded contacts inside. The usual
problem is that the plastic slider become brittle with age and just
crumbles. Usually the tapered handle that goes through the front
panel is what breaks off. Is this what happened to yours? If so,
think about taking it apart and just attaching a different handle. The
rest of the switch assembly is just fine.

For hp test equipment parts and pieces, see:
http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/hpparts.html
I couldn't find any switches.

--
Jeff Liebermann