Posted to alt.home.repair
ythread ythread is offline

Default Rotten T-111 exterior paneling

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
news:UzzWh.227$1M1.151@trnddc01...
jthread wrote:
Rotten T-111 exterior paneling

Hi guys:

I have a house in Austin TX with old exterior paneling (1980's). Most of
it I can repair with bondo except an area near the backdoor underneath
and awning.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how I could go about repairing this
area short of taking all the siding off and starting new?

http://www.safaricabs.com/t111rot.jpg

Here is another picture of the conduit that gets in the way and the
window ledge.

http://www.safaricabs.com/t111rot(2).jpg

I'd like to fix it as cheap as possible. The other side was repaired by
someone else like this:

http://www.safaricabs.com/t111fixed.jpg

This would be fine but I don't know exactly how they removed the old
siding and replaced it with the new.

First of all, that is Reverse board and batten, not T-111. Next, you could
replace just a section of the panel that is damaged. Cut it at the edge
of the groove and just replace the section that is damaged. Use Z
flashing at the horizontal junction of the old and new.

--
Robert Allison Rimshot, Inc.
Georgetown, TX

Thanks.