Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default "Best" garage door opener?

Smarty wrote:
I have owned both chain drive and screw drive openers, most recently
a Genie screw-drive unit I installed about 18 years ago. As I am now
looking for a replacement, I would much appreciate any thoughts about
what is a really durable and low maintenance replacement.

I see screw, belt, and chain drives being sold, and there may be other
methods used now as well. Is any one approach vastly superior, and is
any specific brand really exceptional?

Thanks in advance.

Smarty

Just re-read what you wrote: "most recently a Genie screw-drive unit I
installed about 18 years ago."

Frankly they all can last a long time, but I favor the screw drive.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit