Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Afraid to pull out the gas stove...

Thomas G. Marshall said something like:
HeyBub said something like:
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
I have your basic bottom of the line 10 year old gas stove (from the
town gas, not propane, dunno if it matters).

I know nothing of how these are hooked up, and I seem to remember
seeing elsewhere that they are often hooked up to the gas feed via a
large copper coiled loop so that the stove can be pulled out.

Question: Are there any worries about doing this that I should know
about? (besides not smoking a cigar at the time)

A cigar will not ignite natural gas or propane. Enjoy your smoke.

I don't understand what you're saying: Why wouldn't burning tobacco
embers ignite either gas? Is it not burning hot enough to reach
either flash point?

I used the wrong term here, by the way. Flashpoint is the temperature at
which a flammable liquid turns to gas (and can then ignite), not
specifically the temperature required for an existing gas to ignite.

In any case, without contentiousness, I do want to know what you mean.