Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default How have you customized your life -- electronically?

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:38:54 -0700, John Larkin
put finger to keyboard
and composed:

Working with electronics all day, I want nothing to do with it in my
time off. I want all my household appliances to be as simple, dumb,
reliable, and analog as possible. I'm comfortable with simple, old-gen
PC applications because they work and are predictable.

We push technology only in those places where it really pays off. If
there's no big benefit, stick the the stuff that's known to work.

John

I recently went shopping for a washing machine. I only saw one that
didn't have a microcontroller. As an engineer I can appreciate the
gadgetry, but as a tech I also understand the repair cost. No fancy
electronics for me, thanks.

- Franc Zabkar