Posted to alt.home.repair
dean dean is offline

Default Best deck treatment

On Apr 21, 7:47 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"dean" wrote in message
Edwin - that's it. Thanks for the link. What color do you use? I have
a cedar deck, its about 70 feet wide and 15' deep, how much would I
need? I was thinking about the: Ultra Premium Red Label Penofin in
Western Red Cedar, I like a more of a brownish red finish, preferably
something like teak furniture looks.

I used the Penofin for Hardwoods I've used it on mahogany and Spanish
cedar. So far, there is no graying from UV after a few years. I'd guess
about 2 to 3 gallons to do deck and rails. That's a good sized deck!
--
Edhttp://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

How often do you do it then? Sounds like not every year. Mine I
pressure washed last year and it was beautiful, but in about 2 weeks
it was graying again, because I didn't put anything down. (New to
decks, you know!)