Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Question about Auto batteries

David Brodbeck wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I'm waiting to see the new cars with a 42 volt electrical system, and
how they handle starting in less than ideal situations.

I suspect they'll start more easily, for the same reason 12 volt cars
start more easily than 6 volt ones. Higher voltage means lower current,
and lower current means lower resistive losses in the cables and
connections.

It also means that the battery cables will be a lot smaller. After
all, that was their reason to go to a higher voltage electrical system.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida