Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair
Richard Henry Richard Henry is offline

Default How have you customized your life -- electronically?

On Apr 21, 9:53 am, Jim Thompson To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-I...@My-
Web-Site.com wrote:
On 21 Apr 2007 08:31:39 -0700, Richard Henry
wrote:

[snip]

A couple of years ago I got an electronic coffee maker as a gift.
When it works right, it makes really good coffee in small amounts.
However, I have had a couple of problems.

Soon after I got it, I dropped the water container while filling it
(it lifts off so it can be filled at the sink or wherever your best
source of water is). I broke off the little check valve at the
bottom, so all the water woulr just run out at once.

Klutz ?:-)

After that was replaced, it became apparent that it is insane. There
are two buttons on the device to allow a large cup or a small cup of
coffee to be delivered. There is also a cleaning mode that empties
the entire water container (to be activated when no coffee cartridge
was in place). However, I could not be sure that the machine would do
as asked, so I always had to have an extra-large joke coffee cup in
the machine when making coffee.

So you admit you're a non-technical person? I manage to use the two
buttons to control five different mug sizes.

I love my Keurig coffee machine. My wife prefers tea and I prefer
near-espresso-strength coffee. It serves us well.

The machine sits on a storage shelf now unused, and I buy pre-mixed
bottles of Starbucks' Frappacino for my home coffee needs.

Yeccch!

Mine is not a Keurig. Maybe I'll look for one.