Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Scraper comment - anyone see NYW today?

Hi Robert, Good question that deserves a better answer. Sometimes I
get true spindles and exteriors of end grain boxes etc. mixed up. I
admit that I have held a skew level with the centerline or even dipped
it slightly below center on the exterior of boxes. Why? No logic. The
skew wasn't working so I tried gently scraping with it. It sometimes
helped, more often didn't. Probably depended on the species and physical
state of the wood ...and whether the skew was sharp.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter