Posted to alt.home.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default statute of limitations

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:35:20 -0400, mm
wrote:

On 20 Apr 2007 05:43:34 -0700, Banty wrote:

lets say a neighbor was aware of water troubles but it wasnt disclosed
on that form YOU WIN the seller pays for water control on the
basement.

Meaning - what. The OP should talk to his neighbors about it? OK, maybe.
Would said neighbor care to get involved in a lawsuit, though?

I'm not saying the OP should sue, but your last sentence bothers me.
People have a duty to testify. What they would "care" to do shouldn't
be the OP's concern.

Except that for practical reasons he probab;y has to think about it,
but the notion that people shouldn't participate in the state's
criminal action or a plaintiff's civil action because they don't want
to is antithetical to the concepts of "society" and "American".

You can supoena me and I will have to testify or face contempt of
court charges. However, I can promise that you are NOT going to like
what I have to say.