Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Carting materials: Trailer or beater truck, van?

Dan wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know it was that much, I was thinking about
$50. I see your point, but there's also the convenience of just being able
to run over & get stuff. I wonder also, when your getting a delivery, do
you pick out all the items personally or do you just give them a list?
Wouldn't matter with something boxed like a water heater ( I need TWO) but
like with lumber, I'd want to select it myself, not just tell them "15
2x4's", or pre-hung doors, several of which I saw yesterday at HD were
pretty dinged up.

Thats why you might want to deal with a real store. The local family
lumber yard stocks quality wood so you don't have to sort through a pile
of crap if you should decide to go there. They also deliver and I just
give them a list of what I want and they will even drop it if no one is
around so no hanging around.