Posted to rec.woodworking
Glen Glen is offline

Default Safe Stop

Wayne J. wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
news
In article h_dWh.102630$6m4.6331@pd7urf1no, "Wayne J."
wrote:
http://www.sawstop.com/

Is this for real?
has anyone actually used one?
how accurate are they or has all the money been put in to the safety
features?

Here we go again...

SawStop has been discussed _to_death_ on this newsgroup. Please do a
Google
Groups search to find the previous discussions (and there have been MANY).
If,
after reading all that, you still have any questions, then come back with
them.

--
Regards,

sorry for asking. I have read a lot on it and now I thought I would ask a
few questions

I have been using one at work for about four months now, and it is a
great saw. We all know about the nickel test, well, this saw passes the
dime test. I can stand the dime on edge with the saw stopped, turn it
on and it hardly even wiggles. I have not told my kids about the safety
feature because some would intentionally trip it to see it work. Some
of my advanced kids know about it, but I have asked them to keep it to
themselves.

Believe it or not, one of our school janitors wanted to see how it
worked and touched an allen wrench to the spinning blade and tripped it.
Ruined the blade and a cartridge. I was ****ed. Another janitor told
me who did it and I confronted the dumb turd. He fessed up and bought
both out of his own pocket.

Glen