Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Default Alter max speed setting, Rascal Mobility Scooter

Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:31:39 -0400, Lee wrote:

hr(bob) wrote:
On Apr 19, 9:21 pm, Lee wrote:
I have a Rascal 235 mobility scooter that I bought used. It's top speed
was reduced for the previous owner as he only had one usable arm.

Does anyone know if this setting is user adjustable?

Regards
Lee
HAve you tried contacting the manufacturer or distributor of the
scooter?

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Yes, I have and they want an exorbitant price to do it.

There is a lot of expertise on this NG and I was hoping that someone
here might know something about this.
Regards
Lee

You did visit google.com and type in a few key words did you not? I have
a friend who has a CPAP breathing machine (for sleep Apnea) that he wanted
to turn down the pressure a notch but his doctor wouldn't write the order.
I found complete instructions on how to do it in a forum found by going to
google. By the way, said friend is doing fine, much happier and doesn't
have to wear a chin strap to keep his mouth closed. I actually spent some
time monitoring him while he slept and he didn't snore once at a lower
pressure (15 going to 13).

And what does this have to do with a scooter? I have sleep apnea, and
am very knowledgeable on it, and anyone who plays with CPAP settings
without a proper titration at a sleep lab is risking their life.
Snoring, BTW is NOT an indication of sleep apnea.
Now, do you know anything about the question that I asked?
REgards
Lee