Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default need plastic fan blade

On Apr 20, 2:26 pm, dpb wrote:

Who built the Cadets and what age is it? I got curious and looked on
the C-IH site -- they don't have anything on the Cub except the early

OK, I went back and searched "Cub Cadet" and I see when the www.cubcadet.com
page loads it references a MTD server -- so I gather they're now MTD
and I was barking up the wrong tree w/ C-IH (shows how old I am ).

Anyway, I poked around in their online parts/drawings files -- it
doesn't seem like the search engine is fully efficient as it never
returned the drawing package for your given model number and putting
in your part number got that particular part drawing but no cross-
reference back to the overall tractor drawings...

But, not to be daunted, I went to the general parts search and put in
"fan" in the "contains" box and found some 250+ hits which I leafed
through pretty quickly -- I found two or three other fans listed as 7"
for other applications you might want to look at as possibilities to
modify. There are also some transmission cooling fans for some later
what appear to be ZTR's I'm guessing from part prefix numbers that
look like they could be suitable if not too big...

Best I can do if they won't stand behind the one you ordered from them
-- or, if you didn't order it from them directly, if I had local
dealer/service, I'd try one more from them w/ an explanation of the
problem.

One last thing, are you sure there's not a mounting problem that
caused it to come loose and get eaten so quickly?

HTH...