Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Recommendation needed for DIY concrete project

On 20 Apr 2007 16:15:55 -0700, wrote:

On Apr 20, 2:15 pm, Oren wrote:
On 20 Apr 2007 12:30:41 -0700, Steve wrote:

I'm looking to install a concrete walkway on the side of my house,
about 40 feet by 3 feet, plus a slab to hold a hot tub.

Due to the expense in hiring people to do cement work around here, I'd
like to try to do it myself with a few other people. Can anyone
recomment either a website or a book that I can refer to with a good
set of instructions (I've only done minor cement repair work in the
past)?

Thanks,

Steve

A one day project?
--
Oren

I would grade and set the forms the day before you order the concrete.
Depending on how large your hot tub slab will need to be you will be
pouring aprox 2.5yards. With a couple buddies and a couple of wheel
barrows you can have most of it finished by noon, weather permitting.

This will be wonderful, if he orders concrete. Thinking DIY; he might
use a flat nose shovel and other assorted instruments.

--
Oren