Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone Dave Balderstone is offline

Default Safety issues of wearing gloves when using power tools?

In article ,
Patriarch wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"Drew Lawson" wrote in message

about in passing. But none of the substance of the discussion was
already between my ears when I started working on stuff a year or
so ago.

I stand corrected.

Just as with IQ in the general population, it's a good bet that half
the woodworker's instinctively know that wearing gloves around
woodworking machinery is not a good idea and are in no need of further
"documentation".

Making you absolutely correct for the remainder ...

Maybe it's an age thing...

Maybe. I'm about to roll to 48, and in shop at school I learned about
the risks of loose clothing, jewellery, watches, neckties, gloves, etc
in relation to power tools.

Teaching of shop declined seriously in the intervening years, to the
point that kids are graduating high school without knowing how to do
things I (and you) take for granted.

Most of them can't even make a watering can from a tomato juice can and
some sheet metal using snips, a brake, and a REAL soldering iron (the
kind that needs a torch).

--
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Margaret Thatcher