Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default A Question of Physics 101

On Apr 20, 8:00 pm, "Swingman" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
If we are going to split hairs then:

The error from the theoretical parallels would vary both with altitude
and location on the globe.
A geodesic error will cause different errors on the two strings as the
earth is not a perfect sphere.

Not only that, but you would certainly need to do gravity meter surveys to
insure that the gravity field is equivalent at both locations prior to
embarking upon any calculations.

You can't be too careful ...

assuming you can freeze the measuments in time so not to be exposed to
planetary rotational pendulum forces which ALL plumbobs have a problem
with. The farking things just never hold still. I understand bourbon
has a stabilizing influence on planetary rotational sidewalk-in-the-
faceness.

Say what?

A glorious weekend so far.. no work in the shop for me. Angela and our
daughter are off to Birch Run MI (Between Flint & Saginaw) where there
are ONE HUNDRED A FIFTY FACTORY OUTLETS, DAD!!!
I put a little something in Angela's birthday card yesterday (the big
40) and they're OUTTA HERE!!..LOL.

*whispers* And I'm off to see if Dave Eisan has any good deals on a
General table saw....

That was easy....LOL